Cruising the Navigli is one of the most authentic ways to get to know the real Milan. Doing it while enjoying the evening breeze, sipping a good glass of wine is even better.
- Commentary in English
- Drink and finger food
- Duration 1 hour
- Electric boat
- Tour of historical and artistic interest
- Wi-Fi on board
The Navigli district is famous for its canals and vibrant evening life. With this tour you will have the pleasure of cruising along the Naviglio Grande sipping an excellent cocktail and tasting good food.
Aperitivo in Milan is the combination of drinks and fingerood.
You will see the typical Milanese railing houses, which represent the Milan of the past, now home to numerous bars and restaurants, going upstream to one of the oldest churches in the city: the Church of San Cristoforo, whose construction began in the 13th century . You will see the historic headquarters of Canottieri Milano Olona and the famous alley of the launderers, an architectural jewel that takes its name from the residents who washed their laundry there, all in complete relaxation and in a convivial atmosphere.
If you want, you can also listen to our audio guide, to learn a bit of history, or simply enjoy the navigation while chatting with your friends about the beauties of Milan.
Did you know that …?
There are several curiosities that can be found on the canals, here are some:
1) The transport of the marbles that still decorate the Milan Cathedral today, coming from the Candoglia quarries on Lake Maggiore, took place through the Naviglio Grande.
2) In 1805 Napoleon completed the construction of the Naviglio Pavese to connect “Milan with the sea”.
3) Navigation on the canal was an excellent method of transportation, abandoned only in the first half of the nineteenth century due to competition from the railways.
4) On the Navigli one of the greatest women of the twentieth century, Alda Merini, was born and lived, so tied to the canals that she could not do without it to write her verses about her.
What is included
- v Boat cruise on the Navigli
- v Multilingual commentary
- v On board assistance
- v A drink (red vine, white wine or spritz) or non alcoholic drink
- v Gourmet fingerfood
- x Gratuities (opzional)
- x Drinks (after the first one)
Zani is a group of several companies leader in the tourism and transportation since 1951.
Founded in 1951 by Giovan Battista Zani. Today it includes two tourists centers in Milan and two travel agencies in the Bergamo area. With dozens of daily traveled destinations, urban bus service lines in Val Brembana, Lower Bergamo (Bassa Bergamasca), and Milan province, the tour buses City Sightseeing in Milan and Genoa.
Each of the groups progresses thanks to close cooperation with the others: the certifications and accolades are the result of the ability to engage the skills and professionalism of all its employees, taking advantage of synergies.